Investing in high-quality and effective anti-theft devices for your retail store should be viewed as an essential aspect of your business. These devices help to reduce shoplifting incidents, so whether it’s a $10 or $100 item, theft could end up costing you thousands of dollars in just a few months!
Taking the time to research and find the best loss prevention device and purchasing it from a trusted supplier will make a world of difference for your business. At Product Protection Solutions (PPS), we’ll help educate you on buying anti-theft devices for retail stores so you can feel confident in your purchasing decisions.
What You Should Know About Buying Anti-Theft Devices
As you search for the various anti-theft devices on the market, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the number of choices and companies available. The good news is you’re not alone; many professionals feel the same way, and that’s why at PPS, we’re here to help.
Here are four essential points you should know about purchasing anti-theft devices for your business.
Not All Devices Are Created Equal
You see several companies selling polycarbonate safers, and you might be tempted to purchase the cheapest one available, thinking they’re all the same. But, before you click that purchase button, ask these questions.
- Does it work with existing planograms?
- Is it made from quality material and can withstand repeated use?
- Are you purchasing from a reputable company?
- Can you quickly contact support with questions about the product after you purchase it?
Know What’s Available
Before searching for a loss prevention product to buy, know your options. This will help you to understand what you need.
- Oversized Products
- Quad Wraps
- Cable Locks
- Canned Drinks, Wine, and Liquor Bottles
- Beverage Caps
- Security Collars
- Bottle Covers
- Bottle Boxes
- Easy to Hide Items
- Polycarbonate Safers
- High-Value Products
- Alarming Tags
- Ink Tags
- Protecting Several Products at Once
- Intelligent Fixtures
- Source Tagging
- Stoplock Protection
The Importance of Product-Specific Devices
It’s easy to want to buy a device that works for everything, but they aren’t always the right solution. Those devices tend to wear out sooner because of repetitive use. Also, if it doesn’t correctly fit the product, it may not provide the best protection, which makes it easier to steal. Product-specific devices work with a specific product size resulting in better security.
Recognize When to Upgrade the Security Device
Many loss prevention products offer additional upgrades to strengthen security. You should review your goals to determine if an upgrade is necessary.
Here are the reasons you might want to invest in a product upgrade.
- Alarming – Draws attention to the thief attempting to remove the device
- AM, RF, and RFID Technology – Works with EAS and inventory management systems
- Benefit Denial – Damages the product and makes it useless if someone forcibly removes it
Effective Anti-Theft Devices for Retail Stores
After learning more about what to look for when buying retail anti-theft devices, here are a few products that can assist with your loss prevention goals.
- Detects product directionality
- People counting
- Sets up alarms for several different scenarios
Stoplock for Pegged Merchandise
- Secures hanging merchandise
- Easy to add and remove the lock
- Works well with existing planograms
The Swing Gate: Sweep Theft Security
- Receive instant notifications when someone opens the gate
- Ideal for products that have a high resale value
- It doesn’t impact the customer’s shopping experience
Collar and Cap Protection
- Works well with:
- Canned energy drinks
- Baby formula
- Ice cream pints
- Wine and liquor bottles
- Significantly lowers on-site liquor consumption
- Reduces the need to stock products behind a counter
3 Reasons to Contact PPS Today!
When you choose to purchase retail anti-theft devices from us, you receive more than a high-quality product. We aim to become an extension of your loss prevention team and provide you with support for your current and future loss prevention needs.
Here are three reasons to contact us today!
- Your priorities are our priorities
- We’ll guide you with trustworthy advice for your goals
- You’ll receive a loss prevention solution that fits your needs and budget