Shoplifting is a concern for all business owners, and clothing stores and boutiques are no exception. Protecting your business from amateur and professional thieves can mean the difference between making a profit or losing money. Unfortunately, finding an anti-theft system for clothing stores can be overwhelming. There are many to choose from, and finding the right one for you takes time.
Continue reading to learn what to look for in an anti-theft system, two of the best options available, and loss prevention devices you can use with your system.
How to Find the Right EAS Anti-Theft System?
When reviewing electronic article surveillance (EAS) systems, here are some key features to look for and why they’re an essential part of your business.
- RFID Technology: This is the leading technology on the market.
- Real-Time Visibility: Review the store’s inventory in minutes.
- Detect Directionality: Helps to prevent false alarms from occurring.
- Analytics: Access to in-store dashboards to monitor items and review benchmark data.
- Network Integration Options: Gives you the ability to pair it with third-party and legacy systems.
2 EAS Anti-Theft Systems for Clothing Stores
At Product Protection Solutions (PPS), we provide our customers with RFID EAS systems. They play a vital role in reducing and ultimately preventing shoplifting. Here are two EAS anti-theft systems that work well for clothing stores and boutiques.
iSense – Intelligent Article Surveillance
The iSense system is placed at the entrance of your store and includes antennas that can process RF and RFID technologies. In addition, the system easily connects to the internet and in-store systems (CCTV or your enterprise security platform).
Additional features include:
- Real-time inventory visibility
- Inventory management includes:
- Buy Online Pick up In-Store
- Buy Online Return In-Store
- Utilizes smart deactivators and universal detachers
- Metal detection
- Remote support
Learn more about the iSense – Intelligent Article Surveillance.
iD Top – RFID-Based EAS Overhead
Save space at the store’s entrance and maintain your layout design using this concealed, ceiling-mounted RFID EAS system. It can easily be installed and doesn’t require any structural work. You can even install this system above false ceilings.
Additional features include:
- Sleek, unobtrusive design
- Capability with:
- RFID readers
- POS solutions
- RFID labels
- Network integration available
- High-end performance with stray tag filtering and direction detection
- Remote support and firmware updates
Learn more about the iD Top – RFID-Based EAS Overhead.
Top 5 Anti-Theft Devices for Clothing Stores
Loss prevention devices can be paired with your EAS system to strengthen your security. The PPS Keepsafe™ Series are compatible with AM, RF, and RFID technologies. You can use the devices independently if you don’t currently have a system in place.
Here are five anti-theft devices for clothing stores and boutiques that can help protect your profits and bottom line.
1. Alarm Series and Adjustable Cable Locks
It will protect designer wear, accessories, footwear, and luggage.
2. Ink and Blister Tags
It can be placed on apparel, footwear, intimates, and fashion accessories for added protection.
3. Custom Adhesive Labels
It can be applied to hang tags and any clothing material.
It will protect fashion accessories, perfumes, and other beauty products.
5. Traditional and Lanyard Pins
It will help to protect apparel, footwear, and fashion accessories.
You can read more in-depth about the PPS security devices in our article, 5 Anti-Theft Security Devices for Shops.
Do You Still Have Questions?
The PPS team focuses on filling in the gaps created by traditional loss prevention solutions. We’re here to help you. We can review your goals and budget to find a solution that meets your needs.
Contact us using our online form or calling 866-750-5744.