SUMMARY: The Field Service and Technical Support Technician is responsible for installing and repairing EAS & RFID systems, training customers on the use of systems and providing technical support and advice to other field resources. The Field Service Technician assists in pre-sales, installation and post sales activities in support of direct and contractor resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Installs and maintains electronic systems. Most PPS installation work is done by sub-contractors. This position will work mainly in a support role although some direct installation work is required.
- Works with internal project & program manager/s to supervise the installation of projects
- Works with internal installation and service staff to ensure quality standards and are met.
- Evaluates and solves technical problems at customer sites
- Interfaces with manufacturer support to resolve technical issues
- Trains and develops field employees and contractors
- Provides training to customers
- Interfaces with customers and other resources to resolve installation and service issues
- Provides site surveys, design advice and cost estimates for sales
- Interfaces with other departments to maximize efficiencies, effectiveness and profitability throughout the installation and service process
- Works with field resources and internal departments to meet established goals and objectives while maintaining profitability within the department
- Provides feedback of efficiency and effectiveness of contractor resources
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned, including safeguarding company assets.
- 2 year AAS degree or BSET in electronics, equivalent military training or industry experience.
- Possess or achieve skill certifications
- Networking certification
- EAS certification
- RFID certification
- Valid drivers license in current state of residence.
- Ability to obtain state and local low-voltage licenses.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Understanding of customer requirements.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, e-mail).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and proven ability to produce quality work
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate technical issues to customers
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to lift at least 55 lbs and 25 lbs over head.
- Ability to work on lifts, ladders and new and existing construction sites.
- Ability to travel for service or installation projects (60+%)
- Customer locations.
- New and existing construction sites.
- Home office.