Whether you own a supermarket, retail business, or liquor store, theft is a valid concern for all owners. At Product Protection Solutions (PPS), our team offers support and tools for your whole business. We’ll work with you to find the security solutions that’ll help to increase your profitability while maintaining a positive shopping experience for your customers.
Continue reading to learn specific retail loss prevention methods for the supermarket, retail, and liquor industries.
Liquor Store Loss Prevention
Wines and spirits have been a high target item for Organized Retail Crime (ORC) groups due to the product’s high resell value. Unfortunately, simply “locking up” your high-valued merchandise isn’t a reasonable option because of its negative effect on consumers’ purchasing decisions. The good news, some products, and techniques can assist your efforts at preventing theft before it occurs.
Option #1: Hard Tags for Wine and Liquor Bottles
- Strong visual deterrent
- Install the tag when stocking shelves (it’s that quick)
- Quickly remove the device at the point of sale
- Reuse the tags on various similarly sized products
- 10+ year lifespan
- Allows for open display merchandising
Option #2: Soft Tags/Labels for Any Sized Bottles
- Offers a more discrete security option
- Works well for high-volume product protection of 100+ bottles
- No removal process, only a deactivation step during checkout
There are many advantages to source tagging and in-store tagging. We’ve worked with retailers who utilize both strategies within their business. Contact us to determine which option might be best for you.
Retail Loss Prevention
An EAS system is one of the most powerful defenses you can incorporate into your business. This system, which you can combine with many loss prevention products, offers many additional benefits along with acting as an alarming system.
- Newer models can detect customer’s direction to prevent false alarms
- Provide store analytics allowing you to monitor specific merchandise and more
- As your company grows, you can pair it with other third-party and legacy systems
You can learn more about selecting the best EAS anti-theft systems for retailers here.
Supermarket Loss Prevention
As food costs (and shortages) continue to rise in the last few years, meat theft increases among amateur thieves and professional ORC groups. Since fresh and frozen meat products require specialized storage, your loss prevention solution must also be specialized.
EAS Labels and Security Tags
There are EAS anti-theft labels and tags available that are made specifically for cold and frozen products. They offer many advantages but note that not all security labels and tags are equal. Make sure to work with a reputable company for your products to ensure you’re receiving a quality product.
At PPS, we recommend our customers use Nedap’s EAS anti-theft labels because of their high quality and reliability.
- Conforms to health and sanitation standards
- Endures refrigeration and freezing temperatures
- Including cold and moist conditions over long periods
- Simple to apply to the product
- Won’t detune or detach after tag/label is attached
Learn more about securing meat products by downloading the white paper on Improving Your Meat Security.
Are You Ready to Take Your Loss Prevention to the Next Level?
At PPS, we understand that every loss significantly impacts your bottom line, so preventing a loss from occurring is significant! Learn how our retail loss prevention services can save you money, then contact our team with your needs.