Merchandise protection devices, also known as loss prevention solutions, are used to protect the high shrink products in your store. These devices are available in various styles and sizes. You can incorporate them with anti-theft systems that use AM, RF, and RFID technology.
Which might lead you to the question, “How do I find the right merchandise protection device for me?” We’re here to help! This article will educate you on the numerous styles and benefits of different devices so you can make the best choice for your business and future.
Merchandise Protection Devices & Loss Prevention Strategies
The purpose of loss prevention strategies is to prevent losses from theft, administrative errors, or even inventory discrepancies, all while maintaining an enjoyable shopping experience for your customers. Merchandise protection devices can help you achieve your loss prevention goals. In addition, these tools can serve multiple purposes, allowing you to receive an even higher ROI on your investment.
5 Types of Merchandise Protection Devices
Below are five loss prevention solution devices available from Product Protection Solutions (PPS). You’ll learn detailed information about each device to help you make the best decision for your business, including:
Alarming Cable Locks and Quad Wraps
Alarming devices provide a higher-level security option for protecting high-value, specialized merchandise. You can effectively wrap cable locks and quad wraps around large or unusually sized products. Then by adding an alarming element, you’re able to add another layer of protection that deters thieves.
- Boxed products
- Cleaning items
- Sporting equipment
- Products that aren’t compatible with tags or safers
- Quad Wraps
- 360 Web Lock
- Sonic HD Cable Locks
- Sonic 2-Alarm Cable Locks
- Sonic 2-Alarm Can Wrap
Sizes are determined by the style you select, but they can range from 41 x 38 mm to 140 x 68 mm with various sizes in between.
- Works with traditional standard, super, or hyper detachers
- EAS and RFID compatibility
- Fights theft caused by Organized Retail Crime groups
- 1, 2, or 3-alarm protection available
- If tampered with (or the cable is cut), the alarm sounds
Beverage security protection enables you to protect everything from energy drinks to wines and liquors to any product in a can (i.e., health and beauty products). These devices are reusable and offer a quick and effective solution for everyday high shrink items.
- Wine bottles
- Energy drink cans
- Champagne bottles
- Ice cream pint containers
- Liquor bottles
- Health and beauty bottled goods
There are several styles available. For a complete description of these devices, read our article on Bottle Tops: A Successful Loss Prevention Strategy.
- Bottle security collars
- Premium bottle collars
- Premium bottle covered
- Bottle security caps
- Bottle box
Depending on the selected style, there are numerous sizes available. Protect canned beverages ranging from 4oz., 12 oz., 16oz., and 20 oz., along with full-sized wine, liquor, and champagne bottles.
- Works with AM, RF, RFID technology
- Offers full bottle coverage while staying on open display
- Works with standard, super, and H-locks
- Damages the can/bottle if forcibly removed
- All caps are individually marked with their size
Pins and Lanyards
You can use these types of loss protection devices with numerous products. As long as the item has a small cloth section that the pin or lanyard can attach to, then it can be used on that product.
- Food items
- Sporting Goods
- Blister Tags
- Ink Tags
- Traditional Pins
- Lanyard Pins
Most pins and lanyards offer a one-size-fits-all option.
- Works well with traditional standard, super, or hyper lock detachers
- Compatible with AM, RF, and RFID technologies
- Made from quality material so that it can withstand repeated use for several years
This merchandise protection device uses a transparent plastic security case to secure products while still allowing customers to purchase the item. This is an ideal alternative to locking up products.
- Fashion accessories
- Beauty products
- Grocery items
- Health items
- Hinged Safers
- Slotted Safers
- Specialty Safers
Sizes range from extra small (microsafers) to secure small delicate items (i.e., eyeliners) to large products (i.e., razors).
- Compatible with EAS systems that use AM, RF, and RFID
- Works with existing planograms
- Provides open merchandising compared to locking up products
This security device has a sleek shape and color combo that detract from the customer experience. This device is also resistant to scratches and abrasions.
- Designer accessories
- Designer clothing & apparel
- Designer footwear
- Lingerie and delicates
- Multi-Function Tag
- EAS Tag
- EAS Pencil Tag
- EAS Pencil Tag with Lanyard
- Blister Tag
- Zip Tag
- Cable Tag
Tag dimensions can range from 21.6 x 49.5 x 70.2 mm to 55 x 42 x 32 mm with many other size options available.
- Compatible with EAS and RFID technologies
- Helps to prevent theft from Organized Retail Crime
- Most advanced magnetic lock protection available
- Supports existing planograms
A Trusted Industry Partner Can Help Meet Your Loss Prevention Goals
At PPS, our team is committed to helping you find the loss prevention solution that will meet your goals. Our team assists many business owners and loss prevention professionals in finding and supplying the best device for them. If needed, we can offer customizable options to meet your goals.
Contact us online or by phone at 866-750-5744, so we can begin helping you today!